Who Needs Chiropractic?
Reasons why people think chiropractic isn’t for them.
1. I don’t have back pain/neck pain.
2. I do yoga.
3. I had back/neck surgery so I can’t get chiropractic.
4. I was in a car accident but I was fine even though my car was damaged.
5. I am on medications that manage my pain so I am fine.
6. I get physical therapy and do exercise so I need to get chiropractic.
7. I am very lucky, I never needed a chiropractor.
8. I’m scared it’s going to hurt.
9. My doctor told me it is dangerous.
10. Children are too young for chiropractic care.
Reasons why people get chiropractic care:
1.Chiropractic care has changed my life, since I started going I hardly get sick.
2. My kids used to be on antibiotics constantly and since getting chiropractic care, have been healthier, happier and haven’t had to miss school due to illness.
3. My allergies are non-existent since I get chiropractic care regularly.
4. I noticed that I am so much more relaxed and focused since getting chiropractic care.
5. I don’t have to take sleep medications, and anxiety meds since getting chiropractic care.
6. I am able to handle work stress so much better now that I get chiropractic adjustments.
7. I am a better mom now that I get adjusted.
8. I have more energy and am more relaxed with chiropractic.
9. My pregnancy and birth of my baby was much better this time while under chiropractic.
10. My baby used to get ear infections and hasn’t had any since chiropractic.
The truth is, you don’t have to be sick to get chiropractic. If you have a spine and a nervous system, you can benefit by improving its function. In fact, chiropractors are nerve specialist not back doctors. Pain is usually the last thing that people feel when there is a problem. Most people think that a cavity is formed right before you get tooth pain but in fact, it took months or more to form once a cavity is present. People who have heart attacks are often under the impression that it happened overnight, however, it took years for the heart and blood vessels to get diseased before the massive heart attack or stroke occurred. Just like with a heart attack, it takes time for “dis-ease” to build up in the body and by the time you feel pain, that problem has significantly advanced and now there is a lot more of a problem to correct, not just pain to get rid of.
Since the nervous system is the master system of the body, controlling and coordinating all of its functions, having a healthy nervous system is vital for a healthy functioning body. In fact, you can’t be fully healthy if your spine and nervous system are not. Nothing, including yoga, physical therapy, exercise, and medication, remove nerve stress and allow the brain and body to be fully connected like chiropractic. Since the nervous system controls and coordinates everything, from your heart to your reproductive system, your body works better when your nerves are flowing fully, including your emotions and your immune system.
The spine is subjected to many stresses on a regular basis from birth to death. Stress can be physical, biochemical or emotional, and all three have a profound effect on how your body functions and how your brain connects to your body systems. When that connection is clear and unobstructed, like a good internet connection, everything works better. When there is interference from the brain and spinal cord to the body, things start to go wrong and the last thing you notice is pain. This explains why pain is not the determining factor of a health problem.
Imagine how amazing your body could function if you made sure that your nervous system is healthy. This is very possible and that’s why most of my patients are on wellness care. They get checked regularly and get their spine adjusted to prevent buildup of spinal and nerve stress. The term we use for Nerve stress is Subluxation, and that’s what chiropractors treat.
Our goal is for all our practice members to be on wellness care so that we can detect and correct subluxations quickly, gently and effectively and keep their body and brain in tip top shape. Did you know that chiropractic patients who receive wellness care consistently save a huge amount of money on their healthcare. It is evident why my patients consider chiropractic an investment in their health. In fact, research and studies show that patients under wellness chiropractic care take 85 % less medication than the average person, go to their medical doctors 60% less, and go to the hospital 63% less than those that don’t receive chiropractic for wellness.
You can never be too old, too young, or too sick to enjoy a happier and healthier life and body. As long as you have more nerve flow going from your brain to your body, you can have more health. Chiropractic care adds years to your life and life to your years. It is safe, gentle and effective, and just like gravity, it works whether you believe it or not.
For more info and research studies on the effectiveness of chiropractic, please check out our website at FullLIfeChiropractic.com. Join our newsletter by emailing us at FullLifeChiropractic@gmail.com and we will add you to our list. You are invited to our Spinal Health and Self Care Workshop which offer monthly by calling our office at (201)385-7800 or emailing us. Like us on facebook and follow us on Instagram and Pinterest. If you have more questions about how chiropractic can help you or your family members, Dr. Victoria Dubin Master offers complementary phone consults for new and perspective patients. Our vision is for everyone to live an empowered and healthy life.